NNAAP National Nurse Aide Assessment Program Exam Study Guide
The national nurse aide assessment program is the leading nurse aide assessment instrument in United States. The examination is governed by the American Red Cross.
The applicants appearing for the examination must be at least 16 years old and should have any criminal background. They must have completed the nurse aid training program within the last 24 months. The candidate also needs to be a student nurse with an approved application of eligibility.
NNAAP exam format
The NNAAP examination has a total of 70 multiple choice questions. Those who share inability with the English reading have 60 multiple choice questions and 10 reading questions. The examination is divided into two portions—written and oral. The oral section of examination is taken in English and Spanish language. The content of the examination includes the following issues that is divided into three sections
1. Physical care skills
- Activities of Daily Living including topics like Hygiene, Dressing and Grooming Nutrition and Hydration, Rest/Comfort,
- Basic Nursing Skills featuring issues like Infection Control, Safety/Emergency, Therapeutic/Technical Procedures, Data Collection and Reporting,
- Restorative Skills that includes the topics like Prevention and Self Care
2. Psychosocial Care Skills section has two parts including Emotional and Mental Health Needs and the Spiritual and Cultural Needs
3. Role of the Nurse Aide evaluates and knowledge and skills of the candidate regarding Communication, Client Rights, Legal and Ethical Behavior, Member of the Health Care Team
NNAAP study guide
Since this is the most widely used exam of its type, you are to make sure that you are grasping all the contexts and issues of the exam in a better way. Make sure that you have read and revised all the topics related to the examination. For references you can use the NNAAP study guide that will help you with the preparation.